Toothpaste which contains fluoride is an important tool in fighting tooth decay, but do you know how much (if any) to use? It depends on the age of your child.
- Firstly use an adult fluoride toothpaste containing at least 1200 parts per million.
- For children less than 2 years start cleaning with a piece of gauze or a soft brush with water.
- Bring your child to the dentist before first birthday and ask about using fluoride toothpaste.
- At 2 years of age supervise your child using a pea size amount of fluoride toothpaste.
- Teach your child to spit out but not rinse out after brushing with fluoride.
- Do not allow your child to suck toothpaste and supervise brushing at all times.
Source: DeCare Dental Facebook